Be a Sponsor of the 2013 Santa Cruz Fringe Festival
A 2012 SC Weekly Good Award for the Coolest Transplant went to Dixie Mills because out of nowhere she created the premiere Santa Cruz Fringe Festival last year. Almost 200 performances were enjoyed by over 5,000 people in downtown Santa Cruz during the 10-day Festival that featured Santa Cruz, California and National artists. There was literally something for everyone: theater, dance, comedy, performance art, circus, magic, kids shows, burlesque… just to name a few. Some shows were avant-garde, edgy and out of the box, and some were traditional and from a variety of cultures. Because ticket prices were low, the shows short, and the venues close together, spectators spent many hours downtown during the Festival eating and shopping in between shows. Many brave local businesses took a chance last year on being a part of this new festival that seemed like a perfect fit for Santa Cruz. This support was a big part of what made the first festival such a success.
Now is the time to Get On Board for the 2013 Festival!
Naturally this festival will be even better than the first one! A major improvement is that we will have a Fringe Headquarters at 7 Squid Row. Info, tickets and merchandise will be available there throughout the festival, along with some special events. We are also hiring a social media expert to coordinate nightly gatherings and increase the amount of interaction with the community and camaraderie among the artists. And this year’s festival is 80% curated (the other 20% is lottery) so we are confident the quality of the shows will be even higher than last year!
In addition, this year every person who sees a Fringe show will need to purchase and wear a Fringe button for $2. This is a great way to offer discounts to Fringegoers. We’d be happy to advertise discounts from your business to buttonwearers, and this could be during the Festival or during the entire year.
If you are interested in becoming a Fringe sponsor, please contact Dixie at
. Sponsorships start at $250 and go as high as $2000, although we would be happy to create an even bigger and more wonderful package if requested.
Sponsorship levels for the 2013 Santa Cruz Fringe Festival
At the $250 Beaded Fringe sponsorship level, your business will receive:
- your logo splattered on the Santa Cruz Fringe Festival website, and in the Good Times handouts, festival schedules, posters and sandwich boards
- a 5 ticket package to the Festival
At the $500 Leather Fringe sponsorship level, your business will receive the above and also:
- a page on the Santa Cruz Fringe Festival website to promote your business, including text, photos and video
At the $750 Crystal Fringe sponsorship level, your business will receive the above and also:
- a 1/10 page ad in Good Times handout on July 11
- a 10-ticket package (instead of a 5-pack) to the Festival
At the $1000 Emerald Fringe sponsorship level, your business will receive the above and also:
- a 1/10 page ad in the Festival Schedule
- a 1/10 page ad in the Good Times handout on July 18
- a Fringe Festival pass good for all shows (instead of a 10-pack)
At the $2000 Diamond Fringe sponsorship level, your business will receive the above and also:
- the opportunity to sponsor a venue!
- 1/5 page ad in Good Times handouts on July 11 and July 18 (instead of 1/10 ad)
- 1/5 page in Festival Schedule (instead of 1/10 ad)
- a live commercial for your business to be performed by Fringe artists at special Fringe events
- 2 Fringe Festival passes good for all shows (instead of 1 pass)